ThisIsNotADrill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Race: Krisk-Gobs (transcript, last page, by GoblinMastermind)

Go down

My Race: Krisk-Gobs (transcript, last page, by GoblinMastermind) Empty My Race: Krisk-Gobs (transcript, last page, by GoblinMastermind)

Post  Challenger Red Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:25 pm

Goblin: Here's my race:

The Krisk-Gobs are a humanoid-like race, though more commomnly refered to as goblinoid.
Their home world is highly volcanic and high platonic activity, with lots of mountains, swamplands, a few forest/jungles, many volcanoes and hot springs. They race them selves are some what supertious, believing that spirits control nature and other aspects of life. They reproduce at a faster rate then most races, and are facinated by fire and explosives. They have greenish skin, big pointy ears and noses, and are slightly shorter than an average human. more info will be annouced when I have more time.

More info on Krisk-Gobs:

They mostly live in caves in the mountains, but some tribes build huts in the swamps and among the trees in the jungles. they would be classified as hunter-gatherers, hunting my means of laying traps, or using mass tactics. Many villages have a witch doctor for healing ailments and riding the body of evil spirits, a shaman for leadership and as a medium between the physical world and the spiritual one, and some of the larger, more populated villages have a warchief to organize hunting and raiding parties, as well as other militaristic roles. more civilized villages also have elder councils to help the shaman run the village and make decisions.

The Krisk-Gobs also do not have a marrage system, they just claim a partner when they want one, and if any children are produced, they are given to the village orphanage, where a elderly matron rasies them, allowing the parents to work for the village without having to take time off to raise the kids themselves. more info later.

Kai:Continue with the general information. But what region and what villiage do you begin from? What are your neighbors? Post a map if you wish.

Note: As with most GM notes, you can delete this after response.

Goblin: I of course start with the largest village, the village of Rock-Mug, which resides in a tunnel network in the Mug Mountain Range. The village is the most organized and advanced on the planet, in Krisk-Gob terms. Nieghbors are smaller villages that trade with Rock-Mug as well as some bandit/raider encampments that plague the area.

In most villages, when some one dies, they are not given a burial, but rather are commemorated by a monument, a Monument of the Masses, that stands to remember those who have passed on and are no longer a part of this world.

At the beginning of their race, they villages share all things communaly. Crop, hunt, shelter if needed, even the kids are raised communaly. But if say one Krisk-Gob has a surplus of one reasource for any reason, nobody will do anything unless the village was suffering and needed the reasource. More info later

Kai: And by this style of life did life cradle in the [place with natural resource or hardship?], the home of the tribe [name for this stage?] now linked to the Krisk. Under the energetic sun of the planet [name?], life had adapted in many animals to take a fast pace and weed out cancers. In such climes did thick-skinned creatures like the Gob take root.

Enhanced by the violent ecosystem and by being in greatly seperated groups evolution would move in short leaps... and the more advanced animal would take over the land of the ancestral species. This is something fast, and causes what are known as puntuated equilibriums, or periods of little change before a quickly-grown races fast take root.

It is arguable that such seperation impacted the culture or physiology of the [Krisk], but such evidence is presumptuous at best. But they were the first Gobs to teach culture to young from a young age and by retaining of knowledge through writing and stories... to start the first cradle of culture.

Goblin: ................................huh?

Kai: You invent storytelling! Writing is purely in symbols... What do you develop about your culture?

I mean, what is your general direction. I understand you want to be a low-maintainance player, but you should have more for me to work off of.

For intance, what do you do for combat tactics? Major constant cultural concerns? Possible faults? Basic interests and tech path? Feel free to plan ahead.
Challenger Red
Challenger Red
Almost But Not Quite Not A Newbie
Almost But Not Quite Not A Newbie

Back to top Go down